About Ufo Peaches
They are usually less fuzzy than ordinary peaches. Their flesh is alot firmer, more fragrant and sweeter than a regular peach.
- Wonderfully delicious peaches are low in calories (100 g just provide 39 calories), and contain no saturated fats. Nonetheless, they are packed with numerous health promoting compounds, minerals, and vitamins.
- The total measured anti-oxidant strength (ORAC value) of 100 g peach fruit is 1814 TE (Trolex equivalents).
- Fresh peaches are a moderate source of antioxidant, vitamin-C. Vitamin-C has anti-oxidant effects and is required for connective tissue synthesis inside the human body. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps develop resistance against infectious agents, and help scavenges harmful free radicals.
- Fresh fruits are also a moderate source of vitamin-A and ß-carotene. ß-carotene is a pro-vitamin, which converts into vitamin A inside the body. Vitamin A is essential for night vision. It is also essential for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin. Consumption of natural fruits rich in vitamin A is known to offer protection from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- They are rich in many vital minerals such as potassium, fluoride and iron. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Fluoride is a component of bones and teeth and is essential for prevention of dental caries. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that help regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Peaches contain health promoting flavonoid poly phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and ß-cryptoxanthin. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease processes.